Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hands Free card entry

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 26th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hands Free Keycard Entry

Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
Mine was like this when I first got it. You need to get 'selective unlocking' disabled by the dealer.

The biggest hurdle is finding a dealer who'll actually agree that it can be done. The second hurdle is getting them to do it for free. The cars should have been shipped with selective unlocking disabled, so you're really just asking them to fix a fault.

Be aware that once you have this done, one of the side-effects is that a single press of the unlock button of the keycard will unlock all doors. You effectively lose the anti-carjacking feature of being unable to unlock just the driver's door if you need to. The upside is that any of the door sensors will now unlock the whole car.

With selective unlocking disabled, pressing the boot button unlocks the car too, but I find that sometimes it sets the alarm off. It seems to be best to unlock the car by putting your hand behind (but not pulling) one of the rear door handles before opening the boot.
Thank you for a speedy reply. i didnt realise that the " Selective Unlocking " was an option. i first liked the idea of All the doors opening on the "Walk up to" but if as you say this will deactivate the need for the second press of the card manually to unlock the other doors and operate all on the first press, i will leave things as they are. Thanks very much again for your advice.
Currently in gollycrush's garage:
2005 Laguna Initiale 2.2 dci Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome