Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - paint damage.,suspected from cardboard packing .

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 25th April 2013 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: paint damage.,suspected from cardboard packing .

Well possibly,like polish buildup in the nicks?

The paint is water based ..Assuming its polish buildup(simoniz) whats the technique for washing it out,then blending the lacquer,assuming the paint hasnt been cut?

btw I think it was done otw home I parked beside the parents n kids parking zone at the local tesco type place.I usually park in what I like to consider the big people and small people zones if one is free..because of the decent spacing.
Today they were full and perhaps I should have gone to my usual alternate,which is "out in the wilderness",about 4 rows away from the shop entrance.
I was in a hurry.
I also reversed into the parking spot which was about 10 spaces from the shop door and the shop front was directly behind the car.
The car had been washed yday and this thing wasnt there then.
So Im parked in the first available space beside the big people and little people spots(Adult with kids lets call em) .
These spots were on the left.
The damage was on the right.
The car beside me on the right when I came in was gone when I came out,it had been parked facing forward.

Maybe its like bird poop.
Wash your car an if its a sunny day theyll crap on it.
Park in a supermarket car park and your car looks clean..woohoo open season.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 25th April 2013 at 09:36 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome