Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - paint damage.,suspected from cardboard packing .

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 25th April 2013 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: paint damage.,suspected from cardboard packing .

"Come say hello to my leetle friend" eh (thas a scarface ref in case anyone was wondering).

The top, there are about 40 individual scratches or scuffs.the lower bitabout 10.I guess the box dropped..oh well.
Its hard to describe and Ill do another couple of pics sometime tomorrow if I get time,

1.Side on I mean looking at an angle the gloss surface is scored vertically over say 9 in above and 6 in below.
No wuckin furries that will blend over time and polishing..Its these lines that are annoyin as i say unnoticeable really unless you looked.

2. Lets say I try 3m and its gotta cut,right? like mild Jif or CiF?.Ive used t cut on solid colours,nps.One metallic car I tried some v mild abrasive on .it was never the same,it was like the metallic paint had 3 or 4 levels depending what way you looked at it.
In itself, this damage,I got most of it off with dry rubbing with an old sock

3. As it is now in a couple of months Id forget about it,just have my uzi ready if I saw anyone approaching the car with packages or a shopping trolley, and avoid Homebase like the plague.

4.Insurance: I havent claimed in 8 years.. actually havent claimed in about 20 years even for a windscreen but , because I reported someone rear ending me 8 years ago,that is down as an "incident" on my insurance.The guy was paying up anyway.. but I"contacted" my insurer so I was incidented.
The response was "ts on you for reporting"

I have what is a 3 claims in 2 years max with full ncb insurance.
Ive had one I bash you and run away haha, damage which I paid for myself(documented elsewhere) on this Megane since new(2 years now).

Im thinking its time for some payback.400 over 20 years is 8000. I have a legitimate claim,Ill get some other bits done at the same time,2 minor dings on the passenger side, and whatever else feels good.
There Ive said it "Im mad an Im not gonna take it anymore"

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome