Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Will not start

Thread: Will not start
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 26th October 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by shrek View Post
Our Scenic has ongoing problems when it will not start. It has the keycard entry system and pushbutton start. The doors open normally and when we enter and press the ignition button the dash lights operate as normally. When we press the start button there is a relay click behind the dash but nothing else happens. The first time in May the RAC man spent around two hours stripping and checking the autogearchange interlock, door locks, ignition system etc. It was then towed away. At the dealer they reported it started normally. The second time was two weeks ago, same scenario and the dealr had the car six days and found no fault. The thrid time was last Saturday. I looked at the car myself and when I realeased the emergency handbrake in the boot (which the RAC had released each time to tow the car) the car started. Called two dealers and renault customer support today who have just said I'll have to wait until it does it again and have it towed into the dealer!!
Has anyone else experienced any similar faults??
Hi Shrek; you are not alone. My Scenic (has card entry / start button etc) 120 dci died last Thursday.
The car would unlock but not start. The display read numerous faults, Low Oil Pressure / Hand-brake failure / etc. The engine cooling fan ran intermittently despite the car not having ran for many hours. The car was towed away by the AA (via Renault Assistance); still under warranty till next week, thank heavens. It has now been at the dealer 6 days; they have changed the main Multiplexer unit, but are now suspecting a wiring fault has caused the failure. As far as I'm aware the Plug-In Diagnostics is still not feeding back info on the nature of the wiring fault (If it is a wiring fault ?).
I have no idea when I will see the car again, I'm going to the dealers tomorrow to hopefully speak with a technical person to get an update.
One thing for sure :- I will be selling the vehicle once repaired, I have lost all faith in Renault's; great design / looks / practicality but second rate electric / electronics.
I will keep you posted if you acknowledge / are interested. Cheers
Currently in jazzad's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome