Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Privilege Petrol or Dynamique dci 106?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 27th April 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Clio Privilege Petrol or Dynamique dci 106?

Diesel is cheaper than petrol where I live ,about 16p per gallon cheaper.

In theory diesel engines are stronger cos of the higher compression ratios.
Renault diesels vs petrols engine reliability I dont know about.
15000 a year is over the average mileage ,and used clios according to posts here get v good mpg.

Maintenance:I dont know if there is much difference in cost, both will have to be serviced.

I would think,even in the UK where diesel is more expensive that you should be getting more car for your money(5k?)if buying a petrol one.

ie the petrol one should at least have a higher trim spec, or lower mileage or better service records or something like that.
Since both have done about 35000,there would need to be something else better in the petrol one if paying the same money aside from maybe lower maintenance costs .

So if everything else is equal.. What extras do you get in privelige spec vs dynamique? it sounds like thats the decision,lower running costs on the diesel overall vs whatever extra things are on the privelige.. and just remember that if these extras are mainly electric luxuries.. they could add to maintenance costs if they go wrong.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome