Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hands Free card entry

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 26th October 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
This one's the L2 Phase 2. All indications are that the L3 will look a lot more like the current Primera (not a good thing in my personal opinion, but we'll wait and see.) The L2 and current Primera share the same floorpan, so there's a good chance that the styling of the next generation will be heavily influenced by the Nissan.

I had xenons on my old L2 phase 1 Privilege, but the lens design was very different. I think light output is better on the new one, though I always suspected the alignment was set a bit low on my old one.

The voice activated navigation's great when it works. The switch is currently broken on mine, so I've no way of getting the car to listen to me (I've tried shouting, but that doesn't seem to work.) For curiosity's sake, I hope you wouldn't mind trying something next time you have a few minutes to spare in the car - try saying 'Phone enter' and then giving it a telephone number using the number '4'. I can never get mine to recognise this number - it usually comes out as a pair of zeroes. Strangely though, if I give it the command 'Previous destinations' and choose destination no.4, it's quite happy to accept that. I think it's a firmware problem, but the dealer reckons it's a dodgy microphone. It'd be good to have a second opinion if you get the chance.

The only other problem I ever had was getting it to recognise 'Destination home.' In the end, I added my home address as a numbered destination as well, and just voice tagged that version as 'My house.' 'Destination my house' works fine now

Though all of that's kind of academic for me until I get the switch fixed
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome