Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric Folding Mirrors correct operation?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Electric Folding Mirrors correct operation?

Hi all,

we've just bought a nice 2004 2.0VVT Privilege model with sunroofs & full leather and this is our first post!! Maybe more to come...!!

As this model has the electrically folding mirrors I just wanted to ask their correct operation.

Do owner cars have both mirrors electrically folding in when you they turn the thumbwheel?

This is what happens on ours.....

Turn thumbwheel and only the passenger mirror folds in. If I manually fold the drivers mirror in with the passenger one already in and then set the switch to open they both unfold!!

I get outside and close the doors with both mirrors folded,(switch set to close). I then open the drivers door (I'm assuming there is an auto opening whan the doors are opened to avoid mirror/door collision) and only the passenger mirrors unfolds.

This leads me to think that there is a switch/sensor that is not working correctly and that the car doesn't know whether the door is closed or open. The mirror motor obviously works for unfolding but not inwards. I'm thus not sure if it is the mirror that is faulty or a sensor stopping this action?

The coutesy lights work ok from the drivers door opening so I guess this trigger is not part of the circuit to notify the mirrors of an open door.

Can anyone advise on the correct working or pinpoint the reason for our fault.

The car is still in warranty but I am just curious in case it's a simple fix or it's even normal!!

Currently in gazza1969's garage:
2004 Scenic 2.0VVT Privilege
  5 Lastest Threads by gazza1969
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Electric Folding Mirrors correct operation? Electronics Ginga 3 1688 26th October 2006 07:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome