Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Whistling Noise

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Scenic Whistling Noise

I have a Y reg 1.6 16V Scenic Automatic which has a full Renault Service History and has done 64K miles.

When I am driving there is an annoying whistling noise that is produced between 50-60mph - at least that's when I can hear it the most. The noise is there when I have my foot on the accelerator - and then stops the instant I take my foot off the pedal. The best description I can give is that it sounds like an old kettle boiling - gee - it's sad that I'm old enough to remember that noise..........

Up to 50 mph all seems quiet - I can't hear the whistling noise - and over 60mph the noise appears to "disappear" - but that may be because the pitch has increased so I can't hear it. I was thinking that the noise may be a resonance of some description but am unsure what to look for.

Other than the noise all appears OK - acceleration is fine.

Any clues or advice greatly appreciated.

Currently in iww123's garage:
54 Plate Scenic II 1.6 Auto
  5 Lastest Threads by iww123
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic 2 - Repairing High Level Brake... Scenic mattius 6 14913 4th August 2010 08:13 PM
Scenic Whistling Noise Cars & motoring davesss 4 1723 26th October 2006 07:35 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome