Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric Folding Mirrors correct operation?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 26th October 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
The mirrors operate only off the control on the driver's door. There's no link to the central locking or door opening at all. Both driver and passenger mirrors should fold and unfold simultaneously, but if one has been knocked out of position, it may take a bit of mucking about to get them back in synch.

I have noticed differences between the way the mirrors worked on my 2002 Privilege and 2005 Initiale. Whether they're down to the age of the car, or whether they're because the Initiale's have the 'memory' function, I don't know. But if I set the mirrors folding in or out and then open a window, the mirrors will stop mid-travel until the window has finished moving on the Initiale. I'm pretty sure the Priv didn't do that.

On both cars, I've noticed that the mirrors sometimes fail to fold or unfold if you turn the switch too fast. Turning it back to the previous position and then to the position you want again usually sorts this out.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome