Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic 2005, Park Brake Fault

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 1st May 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Grand Scenic 2005, Park Brake Fault

Re: Electronic Handbrake - DIY Repair possible?
Grand Scenic 1.6 2004
PARKING BRAKE FAULT ERROR MESSAGE. There are various reasons for this message and I think mine was one of the easy ones to resolve. I had PARKING BRAKE FAULT ERROR MESSAGE when I started the car followed a few moments later with CHECK PARKING BRAKE. I replaced the pads front and rear and this did not solve the problem.
I had a Diagnostic check carried out by Renault dealer which showed the hand brake switch faulty. I went to my local breakers and bought a switch for 20 and fitted it, this solved the problem and cleared the error message without going back to the dealer.
From my experience I would suggest buying a switch from a breakers for 20 and fitting it yourself before doing anything else to see if that is what is causing the problem.
It is a shot in the dark I know but 20 is better than spending a lot more money if that is the problem.
To change the switch is very easy, you remove the switch cluster under the switch with a screwdriver or paint scraper then remove the two screws holding the switch in place and pull forward then remove cable attached to the switch and then replace switch.
I hope this a help in solving the PARKING BRAKE FAULT ERROR MESSAGE.
I have include photos showing step by step removal.
I have not seen mention of the switch fault in any of the previous posts
Attached Thumbnails
Currently in safrane's garage:
austin healey
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome