Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Electronics - How to fit a parrot car kit (ck3100 etc) to a cabasse auditorium

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 6th October 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I knew I needed the external antenna, and some of the advice I'd seen had put me off a re-rad. The antenna on its own was around 50 and for 100 I could have all of these wonderful extra features... it's just a shame that they don't work.

Speaker muting only works if you put the TomTom voice through the car speakers. From discussions on another forum, it appears that they all have the same problem - horrible digital electrical noise coming out of the car speakers whenever the GO speaks. So I switched it off.

Handsfree through the car speakers doesn't work at all. I don't know whether we all mislead ourselves, but most people who bought it seemed to think it would work. But the handsfree only works on the built-in speaker. I'm not even sure if it mutes the radio.

Night mode linked to headlights is pointless, but then I knew that already from Carminat. If you switch it on, the display becomes unreadable if you have to have your lights on in poor visibility daylight driving conditions.

Which leaves... erm... it charges the battery and gets around the GPS blocking windscreen problem. I could have done the same trick just buying the external antenna and using the supplied power lead. Though at least with this arrangement I do have the original power lead and mount to use in other cars, but then that just enables wifey to pinch my TomTom because "you've already got sat-nav, even if it is crap."
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome