Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Mk II Noise and shaking when braking.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th May 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane Mk II Noise and shaking when braking.

I've had my Megane for about 8 months and recently I've been experiencing a knocking noise and the car seems to shake whenever I brake sharply.

Obviously this is a bit disconcerting. I don't have any problems if I'm as gentle as a lamb with the break but if I need to apply anything more than light pressure to it the knocking and juddering will happen. That said there is nothing wrong with the cars breaking capacity as it is as responsive as ever.

2 days ago the passenger side spring snapped as I was just setting off (no pot holes or anything) so I thought that may have been the problem but alas it is still doing exactly the same thing. I've been in and out of the garage a lot with this car already and I was wondering if there was anything I could do myself?

Currently in puregallus's garage:
55 Renault Megane II 1.6VT
  5 Lastest Threads by puregallus
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane Mk II Noise and shaking when braking. Brakes/Hubs puregallus 2 1147 9th May 2013 04:35 PM
Megane II Electrics gone crazy. Electronics madnoel10 1 761 31st January 2013 11:54 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome