Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Changing light bulb Clio III* Fixed*

View Single Post
post #45 of (permalink) Old 11th May 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Re: Changing light bulb Clio III* Fixed*

Anticipated a problem changing NS dipped beam bulb on my Clio3 after reading all the info. Just to confirm, as others have said, it can be done fairly easily, without resort to dismantling any of the car.
Pull off rubber cap (it's about same size as a jam jar lid), make sure its the correct one. You can now reach inside but you will need a small mirror and torch in order to see and remember the layout because it all has to be done by feel.
Foolishly I unclipped the bulb retaining spring first, (Big mistake, it became caught around the plastic terminal block and took me about 10mins to free off). So having FIRST pulled the black plastic terminal block off the back of the bulb, you can next release the bulb retainer spring, press in to unhook and hinge it down out of the way. Simply hold the bulb terminals to remove bulb. Refitting is the reversal. Flat bit and tag of the bulb to the top. Once roughly in position you can guide the bulb into place by looking through the headlight lens. Remember to only handle the bulb by its metal bits otherwise you may contaminate the glass.
Bulb H7U, 5 from GSF . As far as I can tell they all have the U suffix, just means they are UV proofed to stop the plastic outer lens discolouring.
Currently in sob's garage:
Clio 3 the
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome