Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 08 grand scenic electronic handbrake replacement price

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th May 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry 08 grand scenic electronic handbrake replacement price

Hi all
This is my first post so please go easy on me
I have a 08 grand scenic that was just recently put in for a service and MOT with my local garage, i received a call telling me the electronic hand brake had seized, rather than replace the part i was informed the whole lot has to be replaced at a price of £823 excluding fitting and activation by a renault garage
I phoned the renault garage to have the price confirmed and also told that it is only the later grand scenic 2`s that have it, i have to admit i feel like i have just been mugged and really dont have over a grand to spend on a car worth probably only 3 1/2 grand - 4 grand at most.

Is there anyway to get around having to pay out so much cash and how can renault justify extorting that kind of money for a part for a car that was bought as a good budget priced family runaround ......

I now have no car (MOT expires today) 3 kids to take to school 2 1/2 miles from home and 2 large dogs to ferry to the local coast for their daily walk
Currently in gerriatrick's garage:
2008 renault grand scenic 1.6 vvt Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by gerriatrick
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
08 grand scenic electronic handbrake replacement... Brakes/Hubs chigger2804 1 1375 12th May 2013 10:02 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome