Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how to change out

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 7th October 2005
A former user
Advantages of Xenon over Halogen
Xenon bulbs provide more than twice the light of Halogen bulbs whilst
consuming only half the power (wattage). Therefore drivers see more clearly and cars have more power for other functions. And since less power equals less fuel consumption, Xenon bulbs are environmentally friendly.

The clear white light produced by a Xenon bulb is similar to daylight-color and thus improves driver concentration. Furthermore the light color reflects road markings and signs better than conventional lighting.

Xenon Headlamps also significantly improve road safety when visibility is
limited due to poor weather conditions.

Can I change my current Halogen Headlamp to Xenon Headlamps?
It is not possible to economically change your current Halogen Headlamps to true Xenon as they require specific factory installation and also the headlamp washers and self leveling system. If your thinking of buying a Laguna go for a higher spec model with Xenon as despite my problems they provide a superior and safer system of lighting and in theory the bulbs should last 6/7 time longer than conventional halogen bulbs.

Why are headlamp cleaning systems mandatory for Xenon Headlamps?
Headlamp cleaning systems ensure that the glass of the headlamp is clean at all times and therefore ensure optimum visibility in all circumstances (dirty roads, snow,…). This is also european law relating to car manufacturers.

Why is the automatic leveling system mandatory for Xenon Headlamps?
The automatic leveling systems ensure the swiveling of the projector module for minimum dazzling and optimum visibility. The automatic leveling system can be static (light beam is adjusted at vehicle start only) or dynamic (at vehicle start and during driving).
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome