Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 08 grande scenic parking brake won't release.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th May 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
08 grande scenic parking brake won't release.

Hi. This is my first post.

I've got an 08 grande scenic which has recently been to a local independant garage and had a new clutch fitted they were cheap and i think i should of known better!
I drove it away and it seemed different, pulling away when reaching the bite point much more sharply than it did before. Anyway i figured it was because it was new and i'd been driving another car whilst it was being fixed.
I've been dotting around for a couple days getting used to driving it but still thinking it didn't seem right. However I park last night on a slight hill and when I went back the automatic parking brake would not release. I had to use the manual release and get the bite quickly to be able to pull away. I spoke to the garage and they didn't really seem to understand or kmow what i was talking, I think they thought I was being a stupid women! They said they would look at it for me, but thought I would ask here to see if anyone would know what the problem might be first in case it can be sorted by us!!!
Thank you
P.S the clock was flashing (which i've reset)and the radio is also asking for a code (which I don't seem to have) aswell! arghhhhh!
Currently in kazib37's garage:
08 grande scenic
  5 Lastest Threads by kazib37
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
08 grande scenic parking brake won't release. Brakes/Hubs whitbyscenic 4 2019 14th May 2013 07:03 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome