Thread: Desperate
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 18th May 2013 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Desperate

Originally Posted by Renoir White View Post
Coo, apart from changing the interior light bulb I think you've just about done everything
More questions....did the vibration come on suddenly or gradually? how are you detecting the vibration - through the steering wheel or the floorpan? have the wheels been balanced? has anything you've changed made any slight reduction in the vibes? Does the vibration pulses change with road speed? It is high frequency or low frequency vibes? Could the tyre itself be out of shape (I had pulsing through the steering wheel due to irregular tyre wear).? Is the vibration coming from the engine but being transmitted through the chassis?
The vibration came on gradually over a period of about 3 months i would say. Its not through the wheel but through the floor pan. I have changed the wheels one by one and no difference. Its a high frequency Vibe and definitely seems to be something to do with the drive train. Its not from the engine as there is no vibe when the vehicle is stationary. Having said that it gets to a certain level then stays there independent of road speed. Also worth mentioning that it seems worse sometimes than others. If there is anything in the glove box it will rattle around. This gives you some idea of the level of vibration.

Even describing this to you it sounds crazy. I am clean out of ideas. I did rebuild the engine due to a cam belt pulley failure but it was there before and after the rebuild.
Currently in planmeca's garage:
Renault Laguna 1.8 16v x 2 and a lot of other things. could really do with a tidy up to be honest I'll do it tomorrow
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome