Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Front Brakes and Reluctor Ring Replacement

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 19th May 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio Front Brakes and Reluctor Ring Replacement

Hi ,thanks for the post well written and exactly what i needed, I did the job a few months ago on my daughters clio authentic 2001 1.2l Everything went swell abs lights worked correctly and i took the car out and put it through the mill everything great the abs worked it stopped alot better as i bled the brakes at same time, and the grating and whurring noise gone, until the next day when i thought i'd do a few more emergency stops. and a funny noise occured and now the whurring noise is back, only happens when braking a bit harder than norm but it sounds awful, so i thought the reluctor ring had broke again but no its still there in tact, it sounds as though it is catching the sensor very slightly somehow??
Its as though you can hear the teeth on the ring catching the sensor. any ideas, tried moving the sensor but it is siezed solid, i read once that you have to "gap" the distance between ring and sensor ??? would make sense Cheers Nige.
Currently in bigyam's garage:
clio 1.2 authentique 2001. 07 megane 1.5dci. suzukigs 500 flat tracker. harley davidson MT350
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome