Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Front Brakes and Reluctor Ring Replacement

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 20th May 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio Front Brakes and Reluctor Ring Replacement

Hi, and thanks for the fast response, i jacked the car up after the noise started again, and it does not appear to have moved or spin on the shaft ! not by hand force anyway, the discs are in good condition with a good 2 or 3mm left in them yet,42,000miles. the pads have loads of meat on them, i did buy a new set but did not fit them as they were not needed, but i may fit them now as a matter of course. I did only do the one side as the other side looks like it has been done recently, and was still clean and shiny, and the noise is coming from the side i have changed, i haven't tried spinning the wheel whilst observing yet.
If the ring was too close it would make the noise constantly wouldn't it ? it only makes the noise when braking and only at slow speeds you notice just as your coming to a halt say the last 20 yards. Cheers Nigel.
Currently in bigyam's garage:
clio 1.2 authentique 2001. 07 megane 1.5dci. suzukigs 500 flat tracker. harley davidson MT350
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome