Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - how fast does a rear sub frame bush wear

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th May 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
how fast does a rear sub frame bush wear

Last june my laguna 2 1.9 failed its m.o.t because both rear sub frame bushes where badly wornplus a rear spring was incomplete. I paid the garage 260 to replace the parts and then they passed it.
Since then a knocking sound has begun to get louder and louder so I finally took it back to the garage to get it checked. The guy put it on the ramp and looked undernesth and said yhe rear sub frame bushes are knackered I ssked him to show me and he did they were all cracked. I said they were only changed 11 months ago, he said they'd never been changed then asked who changed them and when I said he did he change his story to the parts hsve failed and it will cost me 100 to fix it as he'll get the part for free.
My problem now is I feel like I've been conned and dont believe he ever changed them and dont feel I should have to fork out again. Does anyone know how long the bushes should last roughly. And does anyone think I've got a leg to stand on
Currently in m4dman's garage:
2004 Renault Laguna II 1.9dci
  5 Lastest Threads by m4dman
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
how fast does a rear sub frame bush wear Brakes/Hubs madnoel10 3 1042 20th May 2013 08:23 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome