I'm new here. But I was hoping somebody could help me. I'm having a small loss of power on my Clio 2 (2003) 1.2L 16V engine and no warning light shows up.
- maximum speed 130-140 km/h (75-80 mph) the car could clearly went around 160 km/h (100 mph).
- a bit shaky and coughy when pressing the accelerator (it works fine if I drive at constant speed)
- whenever I use the electric windows simultaneously I experience a loss of power (the engine revs up to compensate, headlights dims a bit)
- when I pull out the
from Cylinder 3 (counted from right to left) pretty much nothing happens, the engine runs quite the same, all other
when pulled out clearly have an effect over the engine.
- spark plug from Cylinder 3 had a bit of
over the electrode (no
though escapes on near the spark plugs). Changed this spark plug with a new one. Nothing. Though I managed to give me a shock by putting the spark plug directly into the
plug 3. And holding it with no insulator
- before of these I had left the car un-started for 6-7 weeks
- battery died ("CPR" was applied, and now battery is back to life again)
- back wheels where blocked because of the rust (I unlocked them by hitting them with a hammer and trying to roll them by driving).
- I am getting
in the air intake (not much, but I still get it), it was said to be coming from a Cylinder with a low compression, because it was under warranty it was fixed by reapplying new segments (I'm not sure of that since I wasn't near the car when they "fixed" it). That happened approx. 30.000 km (18.750 miles) back.
Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!
(sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes).
Here's a video of the sound of the exhaust, I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxFhhu4BJ0s&gl=US