Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Noisy Sunroof Megane II Sport Tourer :( Somebody please advise :(

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 24th May 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Noisy Sunroof Megane II Sport Tourer :( Somebody please advise :(

Originally Posted by andyellis111 View Post
Cheers Paul, I know it's a difficult one.

Forgot to mention, if I go over bridge joints or similar bumps on the motorway, the noise (only for a split second) appears much louder, as if the sunroof is almost flapping open!

I wonder if all the Pan-roof Renaults have this issue too.....
Sadly, I have to report that my pan' roof has the same prob. Took the car back to Renault again and again and they just denied and denied...
I believe that the sun roof sits quite "light" on it's seal and as you know, the quicker you go and/or the windier it is the more this "Ventruri" effect tries to suck the roof up which in turn causes the inside cabin pressure to leak noisily through the seal.
The answer lies, somehow, in increasing the retention of the sunroof to over come the effect. I've found the lowering the cabin pressure by closing air intakes and recirculating the cabin brings temporary relief at lower speeds (70 mph) or opening the window and putting up with the wind roar! - Short of gluing a brick to the underside of the sunroof, I'm afraid that I'm no further ahead than you. Just a bad design, I guess.
Currently in marjusam's garage:
55' Grand Scenic Maxim
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome