Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio - Removing Front windscreen Wipers

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault - Clio - Removing Front windscreen Wipers

Hi all, my car is a Renault Clio 1.4 Sport 2000 reg.

I think i must have a leak in my washer water bottle, as soon as i fill it up it all leaks out. In order to get to the water bottle i need to remove the plastic grille that sits between the bonnet and the windscreen.

However to remove the grille i need to take off the front windscreen wipers, i have followed the instructions in the haynes manual and it doesnt work, i even asked the garage to have a go when they did my MOT and they couldnt get them off.

Taking the bolts off isnt a problem, its just that the windscreen wipers dont pull off like they should, i assume some kind of corrosion has occured which has left them stuck. I have tried applying WD40 for several weeks and that has no effect.

I was wondering if anybody else had this problem and if so how did you solve it. I am at the stage where i am thinking the best thing to do is to hacksaw the windscreen wipers off!
Currently in Gabriel2k's garage:
2000 Renault Clio 1.4 Sport
  5 Lastest Threads by Gabriel2k
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault - Clio - Removing Front windscreen Wipers Clio Truckbusuk 3 19714 28th October 2006 04:35 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome