Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Please can anyone advise me on a Renault Megane problem?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 25th May 2013
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Re: Please can anyone advise me on a Renault Megane problem?

Hi June - welcome to the forum.

What you desribe is typical if a high pressure fuel pump failure on the Dci engines whereby metal particles form the pump contaminate the complete fuel system.

When this occurs the complete fuel system including the fuel tank must be stripped and cleaned. Renault dealers insist on renewing all parts rather than cleaning so you can understand the dealer prices of around 3500 plus.

A good independent with experience usually charges around 1500 or so. They replace the fuel pump, the injectors, fuel rail and its sensors then remove the fuel lines and tank for professional cleaning.

In you case it appears the garage concerned did not follow the strict conditions that are necessary when doing this job. Sadly if any part is neglected (in your case apparently the tankl) then it is highly likely any repalcement parts may again have been contaminated and you could be back to where you started.

Armed with this knowledge I suggest you insist the garage do the job again or compensate you acccordingly.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
The Following User Says Thank You to madnoel10 For This Useful Post:
MissJune (25th May 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome