Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Please can anyone advise me on a Renault Megane problem?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 25th May 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Please can anyone advise me on a Renault Megane problem?

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Ideally the fuel sender unit should be replaced as it can be difficult to clean and if their current diagnosis is correct then that would seem to be the problem. A Renault dealer should be able to supply such a unit within 24 to 48 hours so it looks like they are on the look out for a secind hand unit.

Air in the fuel lines can be for many reasons but the most common is leaking fuel pipe joints, fuel filter or sticking non-return valves.

If it were my car I would insist the contents of the fuel filter be checked for signs of metal particles using a magnet.
Yes, they are on the hunt for a second hand unit. They can't find one locally, so are looking further afield, and that was why they didn't phone me when they said they would apparently.

I think they used a magnet originally to check the fuel tank was free of particles, do you think I can insist on them doing this again? Do you think they'd even be honest with me if that was the case?

Do you think that the tank sender unit should have been replaced originally? Is it all connected? Could it be related to the original problem?

Sorry for so many questions, I just need to get it all straight in my head, I'm not clued up on cars at all.
Currently in MissJune's garage:
Renault Megane Dynamique 1.5 DCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome