Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Please can anyone advise me on a Renault Megane problem?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 25th May 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Please can anyone advise me on a Renault Megane problem?

You seem a bit more clued up than some other first time posters .
From what Ive read here before ,the check injectors , most likely indicated the fp was already otw out from the time you got it ..
Maybe the new from 2010 onwards non delphi system could have neen retro fitted,bit late now tho .

Ive read a renault, working on the injection system, workshop manual and the procedures are almost like hospitals!..gloves, dust extractors, even a hair getting in =bad news.
Whether even the renault mechanics are that fastidious ,I dont know..

As Noel was saying that isnt an uncommon big problem^.

One approach I would suggest in future is check around "the community" of whatever car maker/model you have if you get a big costly repair needed.

1.Like Noel above probably knows this prob both professionally and from being a member here. I on the other hand had no idea one way or the other until I joined here.

2.Renault or renault customer services arent too bad really when it comes to known faults, it seems.Like when you got your big initial quote , there may have been a possibility of getting a contribution from the manufacturer even if the model is way out of manufacturer warranty.
I mean if its something big..check and see for known faults/failures/problems from any car maker.
My last car ,engine self destructed at like 15000 miles(back in the days of 1year 12000 mile warranties).
The dealership like doin me a big favour said theyd fix the engine free.. and you were a very naughty boy not to have stopped the car immediately you heard a funny noise , see how much work we have to do now.
Yessir thank you sir doffs cap.
I read up on it further and seems early versions of this (non renault) engine were self destructing all over the UK (out of warranty,low mileage) and some people were demanding and getting brand new ,not repaired whole cars.
So next time I went back in to see how repairs were going and the delay on getting a cyl head from germany etc I was of a much more "dont gimme no sheet" attitude.
Audi TT's mk1 ,apart from the early handling probs had some other issues that were fixed in later production ..but for known issues, that werent recalls Audieven to this day (production of Mk1 stopped in 2006) are still contributing to repairs/replacements for known issues..

To sum up :D at last!

Whatever car you have that needs a repair ,check first if its a common prob.
Then check the makes dealership workshop price vs a good independent workshop then see if the manufacturer will contribute towards the repair, and how much. then check the economics again.

n like that(for the future).
I hope it gets sorted soon for you now.
Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
The Following User Says Thank You to coup For This Useful Post:
MissJune (26th May 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome