Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Few issues with my 2006 Clio III 1.4, need help!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th May 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Few issues with my 2006 Clio III 1.4, need help!

Hi all,

Been having a few issues with my MK3 Clio 1.4 (2006) lately.

Problem 1. Scraping/Grinding noise when going over bumps, mainly in cold weather, noise does not occur in warm weather.

Problem 2. Steering wheel shaking at higher speeds (60mph+) and also shaking when braking.

Problem 3. Idle Revs bouncing ever so slightly, causing slight engine and exhaust movement (misfire?), but fine when driving.

Problem 4. Sometimes (not all of the time) when the weather is cold and I have just started and drove the car it cuts out when the clutch is pressed when approaching junctions, when the engines/weather is warm this does not happen.

The below is how i have attempted to combat or plan to combat the above problems:

Problem 1 - Have purchased new wishbones, lower ball joints, track rod ends and ARB Bushes which are being fitted this week, could there be anything else thats likely to cause the above problem?

Problem 2 - Had the tyres and tracking done but still the same, hoping that the above parts for Problem 1 may also combat the shaking at high(ish) speeds. Have ordered new discs and pads to combat the shaking when braking issue.

Problem 3 - Replaced the spark plugs with new NGK ones and also replaced all of the ignition coils with brand new BERU ones. Problem still persists and i am now trying to run a few tanks of Shell V Power just in case the fuel additives make an improvement. What else is most likely causing this? Injectors? Air leak?

Problem 4 - Have not purchased anything to combat this yet as im not sure what it could be, im thinking it may be the CTS (coolant temp sensor), could anything else be causing this problem?

All help appreciated!
Currently in EdwardTobia's garage:
2006 Clio III 1.4 Expression
  5 Lastest Threads by EdwardTobia
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
06 Clio 1.4 MK3 - How to replace injectors? Engines EdwardTobia 0 1250 30th May 2013 09:38 PM
Few issues with my 2006 Clio III 1.4, need help! Cars & motoring Raynult 6 2727 27th May 2013 10:31 AM
Would this be the problem? Engines hangman1978 21 2838 24th October 2009 02:06 PM
Warning lights + Loss of power! - 04 Clio DCI 80! Engines EdwardTobia 6 3120 20th July 2009 11:20 AM
2004 Clio 1.5 DCI - Decat Pipe Available? Engines bpowell555 5 4251 1st May 2009 11:59 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome