Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - rear suspension problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th May 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
rear suspension problems

Hi everyone, just joined forum (used to be on coupe club) as i'm in need of assistance with the rear suspension on my 2002 (old shape - 52reg) megane 5 door hatchback, 1.6 16v. Basically when there is a heavy load in the back or when i am towing something the rear suspension squats heavily and i think the rear tyres are hitting the wheel arch liners. This is obviously due to the torsion bars being worn (high mileage and over 10years old) however new torsion bars are in excess of 300 from renault so i am looking for a cheaper alternative to fix the problem. I have fitted new rear shock absorbers but this has made no difference, i don't want to fit a 2nd hand rear axle as it may be no better. I have heard of spring assisted shock absorbers however i can't find them for my car, i have emailed MONROE shocks and i'm wiating for a reply, i have checked rear bushes and they are fine. Basically i just need to know if anyone knows of any way i can stop the suspension squatting when loaded or how i can come across these spring assisted shock absorbers or any other product that would help. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks very much, jonathon
Currently in meganefidji's garage:
2002 renault megane hatchback 1.6 16v
  5 Lastest Threads by meganefidji
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
rear suspension problems Brakes/Hubs meganefidji 5 1778 27th May 2013 01:08 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome