Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Newbie question on Laguna Key fob

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Newbie question on Laguna Key fob

Hi all
I'm new to this so please forgive my rambling...

I recently bought an 02 Laguna (1.9 dCi Expression) and thought I'd buy a spare battery for the key fob - after all, you never know when you'll need it

I took the battery out to have a look at the type but as soon as I put it back in, the key stopped working. I let myself in by the passenger door (the alarm went off ), started the car and toodled off to buy a new battery.

I replaced the old battery with a brand spanking new one, but the key STILL doesn't work i.e. it still doesn't lock/unlock all 4 doors or the boot.

Thinking I'll give Renault a call in the morning - after all, it's Saturday night and MoTD is on soon - I locked the passenger door, but the other doors are still unlocked !!!

Can anyone provide some assistance as my cars sat outside, I can't lock all the doors and I really don't want it nicked/vandalised.

p.s. also realised I don't have a spare key fob but I'll deal with that bridge when I get around to solving this little problem
Currently in nadster's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna 1.9 dCi Expression
  5 Lastest Threads by nadster
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Engine Cut Outs Engines Lagdti 7 1557 16th March 2007 07:46 PM
02 Laguna - Grinding Noise from blower Heating & cooling wango 4 1870 29th January 2007 11:16 PM
Newbie question on Laguna Key fob Electronics tenorplayer 3 1282 28th October 2006 08:48 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome