Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Water leak and Drivers Door

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Water leak and Drivers Door

I have a Renault Kangoo 1400 RXE Estate W Reg (2000).
I purchased it in June 06 from a Renault Dealeship with
33k miles on the clock and amongst several faults found later with it and numerous visits to the Renault Service Centre the car has developed a leak from the back of the dash board which drips into the right hand side of the passenger footwell under the dash. The windscreen has been removed and re-sealed and later the heater assembly removed and re-sealed. This has reduced the amount of water getting in but other wise no change. This only happens when the car has been parked on a level surface during heavy rain and reduces during movement. The dealership has said there are no other entry points that water could get in as they had re-sealed the external air intake and heater assembly where it is exosed to the elements. I have and they have checked for drainage blockages and there are none and I am at a loss at what to do about it.

The drivers door will only lock and unlock intermittently and gets worse with changes in the weather. I have had it looked at under warranty and they have said that the window mechanism had cut the wires and it was repaired. I had no problem for about a week then the door would not lock, unlock via the central locking system, then it would lock normally but would not unlock and vice-versa. It also took the dealership 3 months to replace and recode the new key as they claim that Renault kept sending the wrong electronic keyfob.

Last week the exhaust snapped off at the back box and was about to do the same in the middle. When I bought the car everything looked and drove OK and the car was in pristine condition including the exhaust. I had a knocking noise a couple of weeks ago and suspected that an exhaust support needed attention and took it for a checkup at my local exhaust centre and they advised replacement of the whole exhaust as the Cat was failing and emitting a knocking sound and the exhaust needed replacement total 350.00, they had to order parts in as none of the 3 other local exhaust centres stocked what I needed. The car has a full dealership service history and from the receipts had, had a number of major parts replaced ie battery, exhaust etc in the last 2 years.

May I point out that the Renault Service Centre have been very helpfull with the problems and to date they have not charged me for works not covered by the warranty, but non the less I still have a problem.

My main concern is the leak and the door and any advice would be very gratefully received.
Currently in Kangoonut's garage:
2000 Renault Kangoo 1400 RXE Estate

Last edited by Kangoonut; 28th October 2006 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Title bar
  5 Lastest Threads by Kangoonut
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Kangoo knocking sound Cars & motoring Kangoonut 2 1830 13th November 2006 09:44 PM
Water leak and Drivers Door Cars & motoring smitch83 7 3014 28th October 2006 08:48 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome