Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how to change out

View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 28th October 2006
John J
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

I've probably missed somthing but why don't you simply fit adhesive adapters to your UK headlights? Cost less than a tenner (incl. GB sticker) & little effort.

I got a set from Halfords (for my Espace) before going to France, you simply stick on the headlamp lens. They are claimed to be prismatic, i.e. flip the beam to the right rather than blank out unwanted light. The claim was that it was necessary to deflect rather than blank the light for thermal reasons.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to put your HID bulbs into LHD HID light sets but I suspect this might be much more expensive. If you're thinking of using LHD non-HID units I think you'll find the bulb mounts will be incorrect. I suspect HID conversion kits come with adapers for the old bulb mounts. Not having taken an HID lamp out of a genuine HID bulb assembly I don't know what the HID mounts are like. I've only seen the H1 mount (I think it was) adapted HID assembly.

ps my 13yr old Calibra had a switch behind the lamp unit to switch between UK & Continental driving. Shame Renault couldn't develop something similar.
Currently in John J's garage:
Family car - 2004 3.0dCi Grand Espace. Fun car - Calibra 4x4 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome