Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1114 of (permalink) Old 30th May 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

Hi just passing on some information about my daughters incident. A few days ago she was driving through doncaster over a bridge at 40mph when her bonnet opened shattering the windscreen and putting a few small dints in the roof of the car, luckily it wasnt busy and she managed to stop without crashing but was traumatised by the incident. As luck happened the police was passing a few moments later and managed to get the bonnet back down and she managed to get the car home safely as it was a short journey which the police told her to do so, she then put what had happened on facebook (as you do lol) and was told about other happenings on renault car bonnets which we looked up on internet.
at this point (due to daughters insurance being third party fire and theft) i decided to contact renault only to be told they have checked hundreds of bonnet catches and never found any faults and they sent letters out recorded delivery which on their files the post office tried to deliver but no one was in ?? (no card left to pick it up from post office )!! I asked if i could get any help towards the repair of the damaged windscreen and bonnet but was refused as it would look like they were admitting that there was a fault !!!
Currently in pony3538's garage:
renault clio ford galaxay ford focus mg midget
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome