Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #165 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

My 05 started a few weeks ago with the "check emissions" warning coming on. Local garage did a diagnostic on it but couldnt find a fault. The message cleared itself and was fine for 2 weeks. Then on Saturday I was on the M1 and got the "STOP" warning so pulled over. After being on hold to the RAC for ages I tried to start it and it was fine but time/mileage had reset (didnt check total mileage though). It flashed on once more and re-set again. The the "check emissions" came on for a bit. Then it was good for 2 days until this morning when the "tyre pressure sensor fault" came on, then went off then 2 minutes later the dash went black so I took it straight to my local garage who knew what it was straight away. Its now booked in to Renault tomorrow but I'm annoyed that I even have to pay 150 for a known manufacturing fault! But I really need it done as taking it to France in 6 weeks.

Does anyone know - will the "check emissions" and "STOP" warnings that I've had be linked to this or is that a whole different issue?
Currently in njsinky's garage:
2005 Scenic 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome