post #9 of (permalink) Old 6th June 2013
Renoir White
Platinum Member located in the UK
Technical Supremo
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 32
Thanked 1,444 Times in 1,200 Posts
Re: Heya

I don't know anything on Megane's so I can't advise on specifics. On face value the car sounds worth considering, but one important thing to do if you go to see the car is to go through all the service history before you part with your cash. A key detail to check for is that the car has had a full Cam Belt Kit change during the last few years ( I don't know exactly but I think Renaults have belts changed at 5 or 7 year intervals or at about 70000 miles. Hopefully someone familiar wtih this car will post more details). A new cam belt is a pricey job even at independent garages. Don't take the owners word, someone on this forum bought a car recently and was told all the repairs was in the paperwork and when they got the car home they found it wasn't! If the current owner has had the car under 12 months check out their reason for sale with caution. Renault parts and garage repairs seem to be higher than other mainstream makes.
Currently in Renoir White's garage:
Renault Trafic 1.7 Petrol Vauxhall Astra 1.4i & in bits Triumph Bonneville T140E & H-D XLH1200
The Following User Says Thank You to Renoir White For This Useful Post:
styeffo69 (8th June 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome