Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane II Strange sound!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th June 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Megane II Strange sound!!!

Hi Guys this is my first post here and it's a long one. lol

One month ago I bought a 2005 Renault Megane 1.6 VVT Dynamiqic as I thought it looked like a bargain only 39,000 miles 7 months MOT & a months Tax.
For the month I've had it I've had nothing but problems.
For three weeks it's been on & off my axle stands it started with a wheel bearing (o/s/f) then lower balljoint and track rod end both again (o/s/f) a few days later my top engine mount snapped I didn't even notice this at the time because my (o/s/f) driveshaft popped out at the same time
I got it towed home and put it back on the stands got the front wheels off took the hub off and started removing my driveshaft first thing I noticed was there wasn't a support collar fitted to the driveshaft bearing support bracket So I bought a new driveshaft and support collar and started fitting them.
The driveshaft just didn't seem to fit I opened the bonnet and noticed the engine was leaning back and the main bolt on the top mount had snapped I bought a secondhand one as the bolt had sheared in the mounting bracket so needed the bracket as well, I had to jack engine up slightly to align the bracket but then proceeded to fit the bracket, the driveshaft then slipped straight into place (Needed to to change seal on gearbox twice as the one sold on ebay is the wrong size ) Fitted the new support collar to the mount refitted the hub wheels etc all torqued to the correct settings and took the car a run at slow speeds my ABS seems to be coming on (sometimes??) At normal speeds the brakes are fine but if I'm pulling away and have to slow that's when the ABS seems to kick in the most,
I'm also hearing a strange noise it's really hard to explain but again sometimes when I pull away then come to a stop it's like something continues spinning
I hear this wub wub wub sound then it stops it's not a loud noise but I have noticed both my front disks have started getting quite deep scratches which I've been checking and there's no stones, and I feel it slightly through the steering wheel.

Sorry for the length of this but I could have went on & on
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Currently in TommoFiScotland's garage:
Megane 1.6 VVT Dynamique, Astra 1.8 Bertone Coupe

Last edited by TommoFiScotland; 11th June 2013 at 12:29 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by TommoFiScotland
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane II Idles at 4000rpm Engines TommoFiScotland 4 925 16th October 2013 02:04 PM
Hiss sound from engine when pressing accelerator Engines Ralph 12 4931 11th September 2013 02:28 PM
Megane II Strange sound!!! Brakes/Hubs TommoFiScotland 2 1601 11th June 2013 12:02 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome