Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

View Single Post
post #99 of (permalink) Old 16th June 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

I have had to do the above procedure for both front windows!. I brought more clips for the back windows, so they wont go.

I had another problem, where the front N/S window would not work at all. Having googled loads, i found the concensus was the Temic window motor regulator fails. Now i know i had power to this window as could hear a click when i pressed the down window switch. I decided that the motor was to blame, so i ordered one from flea-bay. The motor arrived, i fitted it.... no power!
I did not know what to do next, order a regulator or was it an earth fault. i got my trusty voltage pen out and proded here and there... no power. I took the big power plug off which is located between the door and the body of the car, below is what i found.

The pin that has corroded is the power to the electric window. I removed the two screws that hold this plug in, took the trim off at the side of the footwell, pulled the carpet to the centre of the car, removed the ducting for the heating and then pulled the plug in so i could see the pins. I made a new pin out of one of the spades to a mini fuse. Put a blob of blue tack (just to hold it steady) and spray with good old WD then put it all back together..... Window now works!
If this happens to you just look at the power plug to the door, it may save you a few quid!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130616_173830 (Large).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	19527   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130616_183628 (Large).jpg
Views:	39
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	19528  
Currently in mrcrash's garage:
53 plate renault Scenic 1.9 Dci Privilege