Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II handbrake module

View Single Post
post #46 of (permalink) Old 17th June 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Scenic II handbrake module

I'm not really a mechanic of any kind but can dabble. My 08 grand scenic's handbrake is sticking on. As you are probably aware the handbrake comes on when you switch off the engine and it is becoming a bit of a pain in the neck it staying on when i use the release button. I've been driving the car with the handbrake still on for a couple of hundred yards and then it decides to magically release. This leads me to believe that it may be a mechanical fault rather than electrical. The car behaves normally afterwards and as long as i don't use the handbrake again it's fine.Then i go through the same process again the next time i want to use the car. Out of desperation,I've gone underneath and sprayed some WD40 on the calipers thinking that they were just sticking on but the problem still remains. There is no fault light on the dash. Is there any other mounting points/brackets/unions i could spray with WD40 that may be the cause of the handbrake sticking on,on start-up?
sorry, if this wd40 treatment shocks any of you but i was desperate to get this problem sorted. Please help. It's not looking too promising reading this thread and i don't really want to spend the best part of a grand on a car that I'm now regretting buying. You cant even change a light bulb in these mothers without a degree in rocket science
Currently in andythebus's garage:
renault grand scenic 1.9 dci dynamic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome