Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #310 of (permalink) Old 20th June 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

i have a bit of advice and also a question. about 6 months ago i replaced the loom only for the modified one to remedy number 3 not working on my scenic 2 2004. this worked well and i thought nothing else of it. until last week when numbers 1 and 2 stopped working, i pulled the plug and low and behold it had melted again. my advice is change the wiring loom and the resistor pack as the new resistor packs remedy the heat problem. if you just change the plug its only a temporary fix. My question is, i have fitted the new resistor pack and i have a sort of burning smell, the only way i can explain it is like a new electrical smell, sort of if you boil a new kettle etc, is this because the new resistor pack is brand new and its just wearing in? i assume it has some sort of coating that is heating up and will eventually burn off. has everyone experienced this with the new resistor pack fitted?
Currently in yan101's garage:
megane scenic 2 1.5dci (80)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome