Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic Electronic Handbrake Stripdown Plus Photos

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 22nd June 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Grand Scenic Electronic Handbrake Stripdown Plus Photos

Can anyone tell me how to sort out a jammed motor?

Here is what happened: I had to release the cables from the mechanism and pulled the emergency release handle. It turned out later that the cables are jammed and the inner cables don't move inside the outer ones and that's what's causing the rear brakes to overheat. So I had to start the car for something and with turning the engine off the handbrake motor started with very strange noise and as it later turned out - it jammed. I tried the traditional way of releasing the handbrake (the lever and the button on the dashboard) - again strange noise. I hope this haven't damaged the motor and the mechanism. Then I got the handbrake unit with both brake calipers out and filled the cables with WD40 which helped me unjam the cables and separate them from the calipers. But the cable with the thread end is still jammed in the motor mechanism. Any idea? What I am thinking is to get 12V power to the motor and it will unwind it but I am not sure this will work and don't know the current polarity for unwinding.
Currently in kerekovski's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 2.0 16V Automatic & 2003 Renault Megane 1.6 16V LPG
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome