Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #311 of (permalink) Old 22nd June 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

With the Ren. (Grand) Scenic (I have a left hand drive, Dutch) climate control there is a mosfet (inside black case on aluminium block) for the blower with a dissipator cooling block inserted into the airduct (tucked right up to the left behind the glove compartment secured by two screws). I have had a replacement for this one due to malfunction (no blower action). Disassembly of the block (by myself) showed a bad solder (hardly any contact left) for one of the power leads for the plug. Having repaired the lead soldering joint the controller now works again. The printed circuit around the plug show signs of heat and the housing shows signs of melting.

Having taken out the new controller I inspected the circuit too: it shows the same bad soldering on exactly the same lead. This must be a production fail. Brand: Valeo. 5 finned cooling block. 2 plugs: 1 power which is the offending one and possible cause of fire behind the dash.
Currently in martonisummit's garage:
2008 Grand Scenic 2.0
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome