Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna New rear disk overheating

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 23rd June 2013
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,852 Posts
Re: Laguna New rear disk overheating

Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
As tempting as it is sometimes I'm afraid the forum has a strict 'no naming and shaming' policy due to the possible legal issues involved.
Sadly, that is really the only reason why we cannot allow such activity is simply due to the fact that the forum (not the individual poster making the allegation) would be the party tied-up in the legal process.

The side reason (which is even less palatable), would be if someone (or a group of members) were to deliberately defame a business / organisation either due to a grudge or for personal gain.

Presenting a one-sided version of events as cold, hard objective fact, is something which is quite difficult to achieve. Mainly because, if you are personally involved in a situation - it's easy to see a situation from your own perspective, and not someone else's.

Therefore, the simplest stance for the forum to adopt is a zero 'name & shame' philosophy, and if you ask for a recommendation of an organisation, and no-one can reply by saying anything positive - take that as all the answer you should need.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome