Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio - Mk 2 - Not running properly

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 23rd June 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Clio - Mk 2 - Not running properly

Hi, here another Clio 02 1,4 16v with a similar problem.
When the engine is cold, it starts perfect but if you push the gas pedal starts a kind of misfire, the revs don't go up and there's a massive white smoke in the exhaust.
If you start the engine and leave it at idle for 15/20 sec, the car runs and revs ok.
When the engine is at working temperature it takes forever to start, and when it happens the engine won't rev up, feels like the air/fuel is rich, as soon as you rev it up, the engine gets clean and you can drive ir perfect.
And also suffer from rough idle.
I just serviced the car, cleaned the TB, replaced spark plugs, all filters, oil , a couple gaskets, and still runs as bad as before the service.
I drive the car 65 miles a day on a mix of higway / rural roads with no problems at all, with a full tank I get 320 miles which I think it's ok.
I read the codes with a Snap on reader and showed up these codes:
285 Fast fan control switch
95 pedal position sensor
301 brake pedal sensor
I work at a garage but we do german cars and nobody there got any experience in renault, so I checked the harness, any bad conection, all the basic things to check when you got a failure like this. my problems are the rough idle and the problems with the start, everything else works perfect in the car.
I'd really appreciate any advise, I read the whole thread but didn't find anything about the cold/hot start problems.

Thanks in advance!
Currently in hernan1977's garage:
02 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome