Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Faulty Coils Causing Warning Light(Including General Info)*fixed*

View Single Post
post #102 of (permalink) Old 24th June 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Faulty Coils Causing Warning Light(Including General Info)*fixed

hello all

ive having the same problem as everyone on here but am not sure what it could be.

the wifey got some petrol then all of a sudden, around 1 mile down the road, all the same things happend, lost of power and eatting the fuel and the yellow light came on, took it to my mate garage and he puzzled on what it could be.

he took all the plugs out of each coil one by one and the engine wanted to stall

ive noticed a funny smell when this happend and told that would of been the fuel, when i stop the car, the warning light goes off, ill drive it for a minute and the light goes on, but the loss of power, cluggy sluggy drive still goes on, ive notice that the petrol just goes, we put 15 pound it in and it had gone with in 2 hours

can this be the coils or something else, spark plugs look ok as well. all help is welcome before i start ordering stuff

thank you

oh and the fault code is 200
Currently in djandyh's garage:
renualt senic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome