Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - MPG Check & Survey - V6 Petrol Engine

View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 25th June 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - MPG Check & Survey - V6 Petrol Engine

Notice that when i look at the 35 to 40 MPG bracket that most have other Laguna's rather then the V6...Only a couple of V6's in that bracket ...maybe they are reading the optimistic readings from the computer rather then actual fuel in the tank for how many Km's/miles covered. Notice that my computer is about 10% optimistic in estimating the fuel consumption...also the speedo over reads about the same? I wonder if this can be adjusted somehow? otherwise I may put 205/60/15 tyres on next time to lower the gearing a fraction - this should make the speedo reading slightly lower and may improve economy a fraction (probably not actually but one can dream) I get about 28 to 34 MPG using actual Litres filled in the tank per Km driving mixed urban long distance and am pleased with the economy. My previous car - Merc C200 had the same economy and my Renault 17 Gordini does the same economy as well...that's progress i suppose.
Currently in lihpkralc's garage:
2002 Nissan March ( Micra AK12 ), 2002 V6 Laguna Privilege Wagon
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome