Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace III - Electronics - How to resolve an airbag fault (how to with pics)

View Single Post
post #95 of (permalink) Old 25th June 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Espace III - Electronics - How to resolve an airbag fault (how to with pi

I've had the Airbag warning for about 6 years on my 1998 Espace RXE and never bothered to do anything about it. But my garage said that this year it would be part of the test. So last week I took it for a MOT & service at my usual garage. They know about the under seat wiring etc, but they found that it was/is a computer fault. They took it for refurbishment but found it couldn't be fixed, so a new computer was ordered from Renault (after no luck getting a SH one). The garage have just rang to say the computer was no longer available for my model. They have managed to get one from the factory in France, but they have only one and its non returnable. The price for one in this country(when they had them) was around 250 + programming & fitting. The one they have ordered from France is a 100 more. So now we know we should have had it fixed years ago. Just hope they get this computer ok as I dread having to sell it for spares as it is garage maintained & has never let us down. These days you don't know what you are getting. My daughter bought a 2007 Ford Galaxy with 81,000 on the clock, it was in immaculate condition, well it looked like a vehicle with 81,000. I then looked at the MOT history on the DVLA site only to find that it had done 273,000!. She found it in AutoTrader, the person was a dealer??. She contacted the 'Dealer' but got no reply, so she contacted the previous owner. Seemed a nice chap and he used it as a Taxi and it was always maintained, he sold it the previous week with the 273,00 on the clock. So it was clocked & resold in 5 days. Sadly she could do nothing about it. The police did not want to know & Trading Standards were investigating!.
Currently in Gurney's garage:
1998 Espace RXE 2.2DT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome