Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna coupe 3.0 v6 dci ,anyone owned one?

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 26th June 2013
Banned User
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna coupe 3.0 v6 dci ,anyone owned one?

Originally Posted by coup View Post
I know Laguna's have been dropped from the UK market but the v6 seems to have been available from 2009-2011. Seems like a real beast 7 sec 0-60 500nm torque at 1500 rpm etc. Do they have a good rep.
I have a 2009 Laguna Coupe GT 3.0dCi, which I bought two years ago. In my opinion, these are highly underrated cars, which represent something of a bargain second-hand, in the UK.

The exterior design is excellent and they have a superior standard specification to the German competition. The four-wheel steering means it has the same turning circle as a Clio but is very stable during cornering and high speed lane-changing. Also, in the case of 3.0dCi models, they have excellent performance. I doubt many people would realise that this car has more torque than a Ferrari 360 Modena or an Audi R8.

I drive a lot on unrestricted German Autobahns, so can use the power and torque of a big diesel. The other option for me is a very powerful petrol car and the economy of these is just too poor to justify (note that diesel is cheaper than petrol throughout most of Europe, making the difference even greater). I have covered 25,000 miles now and yet I am still averaging 39mpg - with a best figure of 46.5mpg - despite having regularly driven at 100mph and more on the Autobahns. I have hit 150mph in the car and it accelerates powerfully from all speeds. I'd prefer it mated to a 6 speed manual gearbox, though.

As for reliability, when I purchased the car, the keyless entry system wasn't working correctly on the driver's side. This was fixed under warranty. Since then, it has been faultless and has cost me nothing except for standard running costs, so I have no complaints there. It feels well put together and has no rattles or squeaks.

The GT models have a high standard specification, which includes four-wheel steering, Bi-Xenons, 18" alloys, leather (heated, electric with memory), keyless entry and start, cruise control, speed limiter, auto folding, heated mirrors and tyre pressure monitoring. In addition, my car has all the options, which were available at the time, namely the Bose Hi-Fi upgrade, with DSP, 10 speakers and a sub woofer, Carminat full colour, split screen, 3D European Navigation, Bluetooth, front and rear parking sensors and pearlescent paint.

Having said that, if I was limited to purely UK driving, I'd probably have gone for the 2.0 dCi 180 with a manual gearbox. It's has lower emissions and therefore cheaper VED, plus it's possible to get another 10mpg out of it. I don't see the point of having the extra power in the UK, when you can't legally use it anyway.
Currently in MattLemond's garage:
Renault Laguna Coupe GT 3.0dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome