Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 54 Scenic 2 parking brake module

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th June 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
54 Scenic 2 parking brake module

Parking brake has been working intermittently for a couple of months. Jammed on once, release handle operated successfully. Never reset, then a couple of days later decided to reset itself and was fine for about a month. In between dash went Kaput! and was replaced under Renault 150 scheme. Drove away with no faults and 1 day later when parking on level ground just decided to not work via engine switch off or manual handle and has the check P/B ----P/B fault and beep warnings. Garage put on Clip free due being close to dash change and said power was getting to module. Battery went total Kaput the other day and has been replaced but still no p/brake. Dropped module earlier today and checked Loom plug and wires which appeared o.k. Gave a good all round clean and refitted. Still no operation! Next check to see if secondary cables have seized? ( Able to buy and replace them now!)

Both cables are right back on the rearward stops as would be expected with P/Brake released?
Should I be able to physically push the quadrant arms on the calipers towards the forward stops with a large screwdriver? I am not able to? Next step to remove cables but wonder about whether I should be able to move them quadrants a bit physically as it stands?
Thoughts appreciated
Currently in grommit's garage:
scenic 2
  5 Lastest Threads by grommit
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
54 Scenic 2 parking brake module Brakes/Hubs grommit 5 1855 29th June 2013 07:56 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome