Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Seized Rear Brake Calipers

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 7th October 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3

What would this Forum do without members like webcode? He has already saved me around 200 by giving me information so I could service my Renault as I am new to this car and Haynes have not yet brought out a manual, ( it should be out in a few months time)

Now after reading his advice to another member I know what is wrong with my handbrake. My left rear Caliper has broke, As I have had my car 2 months I have one month left on the 3 month warranty I was given by the supplying Garage so it is booked in to Renaults to have a free replacement Caliper, thats another 350 saved!

To answer Laguna 11 Owner........When the caliper breaks it only affects the handbrake, you will only notice it when driving if you apply the handbrake, the car will tend to veer in the direction of the good caliper with a much reduced braking affect also the handbrake lever will have a lot of play. I found out my caliper was broken by having both rear wheels off the ground with the handbrake on and rotating the wheels, one was locked solid the other with the broken caliper would rotate. Also if you look through the apeture (lift the flap) in the glove centre glove box you can see the handbrake cables and the handbrake compensator, the compensator will not be aligned across the car and as Webcode said the cable leading to the broken caliper will proberbly have popped out, in my case it did not make any dfference putting it back in.

Keep up the good work with the Forum.
Currently in davesss's garage:
2002 Laguna Sports Tourer 1.8 Dynamique Moondust VF1KGOB, Fiat Siecento Micheal Schumaker, Kawasaki KLE M/Cycle and a cheap Mountain Bike.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome