Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Interiors - Air Bag Fault Lights

View Single Post
post #58 of (permalink) Old 2nd July 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio - Interiors - Air Bag Fault Lights

Originally Posted by dodger3 View Post
I have the airbag light illuminated on my 2007 MK3 Clio. It's been intermittent for a while, usually moving the driver seat up and down or forward and back would fix it. Now it's on most of the time.

Is the airbag wiring under the seats the same on the Mk3 as Mk2 ? I notice most of these posts are refering to Mk1 or Mk2 Clio.

On my Mk3 it looks like there is only a pretensioner on the drivers side and not on the passenger side. I have a grey plug with yellow clip on both the drivers seat and passenger seat accessible from behind the seat under a clip over cover. Under the drivers seat there is another plug for the cable that leads off to the seat belt buckle, is this the pretensioner cable ? or is it for the seat belt warning light.

Any help or ideas to try before I book it in to a dealer would be appreciated.
Figured it out !

I thought the pretensioner was part of the belt buckle, of course, it's not, it's on the end of the belt and there is one on both of the front seats.

So I was looking for the plug that connects to the pretensioner on the wrong side of the seat. When I looked on the door side of the seat I soon found the plug and it's the same as everyone here has described for Mk1 and Mk2.

The moment I wiggled the plug the airbag light went off.

So, at the weekend, I'll disconnect the battery and do the solder link mod and I'll be sorted.
Currently in dodger3's garage:
Clio Mk3 1.5dci 86
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome