Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - biodiesel

Thread: biodiesel
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 3rd July 2013
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: biodiesel

been doing alot of reading and now have sore eyes.

DPF's... vehicles with these them seem to require more frequent oil changes due to the extra spray of fuel on exhaust stroke, the unburnt fuel sticks to the inside of the bore then gets scraped down to the sump. as 100% bio has a higher evap temp 150c (ish dont quote me on that) it does not evaporate like diesel, these deposits polymerise much more rapidly than with diesel and gum up the engines (i assume like the you get in the dci's with a service history) so maybe a 6000m oil change instead of the 9000m (?i believe one of the mods on here recommends this?).
some confusion over DPF function, as reading suggests that the EMC reads back pressure and starts the burn off process when required, i dont get that, there are no sensors on my DPF, with to me suggests a programmed interval, either timed by mileage or calculated by speed driven, revs, duration and known soot production.
that said i find mixed reports that DPF operation is enhanced. i will leave a link to article on net, this was a test with a commercial sized cummins engine in america, but i cant see this affecting the chemical reactions involved.
i will now say i dont claim this is an impartial test or anything else, i know people get a little over excited over these things

so think i will talk to some remappers and see if they know the requirements for the DPF burn off.
i also found one with mention of bio fuel remaps on the website, will have a word about that aswell when i get a chance to call them.

will also look into these bosch pumps.
Currently in ubos100's garage:
2006 laguna 2.0dci 150 sports tourer @ 79100 miles
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome